Exciting new ProWidgets tweak coming soon to iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Mar 12, 2014.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
  3. CF4714

CF4714 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Gonna be useless on an iPhone, too small of a display for any of it.
  4. DTGS

DTGS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Gee. Guess it will be better to be used on the iPad, won't it?
  5. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Though it may not be possible to run on an iPhone, I think it would be better to have universal apps, or iPhone apps be able to run as a widget on an iPad like this... No need to develop a new widget then, it's far more flexible, and there is already lots of them in the App Store. Create a windowing system that has a little full-screen icon in the upper corner

Please Register or Log in to view images

But then, it'd act a lot like a desktop environment... That might not be a bad thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Shedoara

Shedoara Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    Can't wait for this! Especially for the Browser and the Spotify widget. Here's the official site for it http://prowidgets.net/ it says it will release at the end of March, so not long!
    Problem I found with Quasar (a tweak that did the windowing system), was that the Apps weren't made for scaling so everything was usually to small to use and read. This though, they are made for the size, so you won't have that problem, but at the cost of not having every app and the full functionality of the app you wanted open. There is supposed to be another tweak which does what you're saying, plus it has a mission control feature, but who knows when that will be available (made a thread about it on here).
  7. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I was saying a tweak only for the iPad... It would use the iPhone version (2:3 or 16:9 ratio) of the app for the windowing system (in the iPad screen), this would minimize the need to scale (if at all). Essentially, the windows wouldn't be able to be scaled, but would help with multitasking.

Remember when the iPad originally released with little (or no) app support and all the iPhone apps ran in frame (or blew up 2x)? Run that iPhone app in a window with others...
    Shedoara likes this.
  8. Shedoara

Device:
    iPad
    Ohh I see what you're saying. Yeah that would be a good way to do it. All they'd need to do is force apps to use the iPhone mode then have a preference or something to pick which apps you want in iPhone mode. Then the solution for iPad only apps is to have them scalable.
    tinyman392 likes this.
  9. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Or have a GUI properly done to switch between full screen and windowed. Like a 4-finger expanding pinch to go full screen and a 4-finger pinch to go windowed (or close). Feels a lot more natural that way.
  10. Shedoara

Device:
    iPad
    Quasar actually did make it windowed again using the gestures that are native to exiting an app normally, except you couldn't do it to make it full screen again. That tweak had a lot of flaws now that I think about it. I hope that window manager tweak that's coming will be able to do all this stuff. Combined with the ProWidgets tweak, it would be amazing. This is what needs to be done with the iPad to make it more like a computer.