iOS 10 and WatchOS 3: Anyone Update?

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by tinyman392, Sep 13, 2016.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    So iOS 10 and WatchOS 3 both hit the servers today. Did anyone update? Did anyone get forced into iTunes losing use of their device for a few hours? What do you think of the new OS and its features (though some of you on the betas are already used to it)?
  2. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I updated my iPad Pro to iOS 10 and it isn't too much of an update in my opinion. Most of the features are hidden Siri ones so many users won't notice them
  3. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    To be honest, there aren't too many targeted towards the iPad. For the iPhone raise to wake is a great one (finally caught up with that one) and so is the RAW API (again, catch up) which is supported on the iPad, but don't be one of those people.
    Liubee likes this.
  4. Half-Life

Half-Life Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    You can tell me what to do

IMG_1791.jpg
    tinyman392 likes this.
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    On no, you're one of THOSE people!
    Half-Life likes this.
  6. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

I updated both when the GM got released.
    tinyman392 likes this.
  7. Shedoara

Shedoara Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPad
    I said I wouldn't, but I did it anyways. I updated to iOS 10! Feels like a huge update since I get the features of iOS 9 and 10 as I was on 8 haha. I like a lot of the new features more than I thought I would. The slide over thing is pretty neat, and works really well actually. New iMessage features are pretty awesome as well.

I gotta say though, not having SwipeSelection sucks :/ and no AppStore keyboard does it right for me as I'm so used to the stock keyboards layout. Guess that'll have to wait for a jailbreak or something.

EDIT: I totally forgot iOS 9 introduced the 2 finger selection. Not totally ideal, but much, much better.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  8. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I haven't jailbroken in a while... I still miss my push email, and having my volume rocker control my music (hold up for next song, hold down for previous, press both to play/pause), and the landscape mode, and many others :p Yeah, I actually do enjoy the 2 finger selection, it actually works decently well for me. I wish the ForceTouching the Keyboard worked better. I like have to try to stab through my phone to get the damn thing to read... And even then, only half of the time :/
  9. Liubee

Liubee New Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus

Agree with that´╝îI like the HomeKit App.