Samsung bashes iPad, Kindle, Surface in new ad

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Mar 20, 2014.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. the_tech_eater

the_tech_eater Well-Known Member Deactivated account

Device:
    iPad mini
    "Screen images simulated, not all apps compatible with multi window".

Please Register or Log in to view images

Apochalypze and Zyiros like this.
  3. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    AS much as I love Apple...Samsung is telling the truth and it is VERY SAD the Apple fails to implement a better OS and more features.
  4. the_tech_eater

the_tech_eater Well-Known Member Deactivated account

Device:
    iPad mini
    Multiwindow only works on a few apps. It's cool, but limited. And I doubt the screen on the note tablets it noticeably better than the iPads.
  5. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    On an iPad I would agree. On an iPhone, not as sure. There's a lot of things Apple could be doing with the iPad, but they keep it simple and easy.
  6. nekomichi

nekomichi Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Just to reinforce something I mentioned in an earlier post [link], Samsung seems to focus a lot of attention to making people who use competitor products seem inferior to Samsung users rather than just making a comparison of the products themselves. More often than not, they seem to create stereotypes of non-Samsung users as mindless fanboys/girls who have no clue about their own products' features (eg. People who say "that Retina thingy" and appear as dumb followers who use their non-Samsung product because "it's the latest craze").

Making a comparison between products is one thing, but bashing users who don't use your products and making them feel bad about themselves is another matter.
  7. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Yeah. They had a couple really nice ads. I posted about them last month I think. Those were good ads, but these kind easily rub shoulders with people. I mean I guess so did Apple's Mac vs. PC ads back in 2007.
    nekomichi likes this.
  8. nekomichi

nekomichi Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    True. Arguably they were anthropomorphic representations used to compare product characteristics, but most people probably won't interpret it that way.
    Zyiros likes this.
  9. Zyiros

Zyiros Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    That's true. Good point. Although Microsoft did need some bashing back then, especially with vista haha! I think Apple is doing great, but their turn is over. I think its the middle of the wave now where its going to go back slowly (slowly because Apple is doing really well) to PCs and Android. To combat this, Apple does fight strong, but I'm sure a larger iPhone would probably help Apple a lot.

People care less about the software, I think, and more about hardware. Software is secondary. Sometimes you got the haters that gonna hate Android, but the reason I would buy an iOS device is for hardware.
  10. Aarix

Aarix Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    ..."Bookz!"
    Pandawg and Soldier like this.