WWDC 2017 Discussion

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by tinyman392, Jun 5, 2017.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    So Apple made many announcements today, some expected, some unexpected. How did you feel about the long Keynote? What are you excited for? What did you wish for? Discuss below.
  2. Aiwa

Aiwa Well-Known Member

What an absolute poor year to be honest.
  3. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I liked the changes with iOS 11 on the iPad. Haven't really looked at much else.
    tinyman392 likes this.
  4. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    This was probably one of my favorite additions. The iPad Pro seems to be going the direction it should have from the start. Although similar tech exists, the automatic speaker tuning/adjustments based on room seemed like a very cool idea. If it works the way they say it does, it may be worth it.

The iMac Pro, knowing it has a Vega, seems like a perfect machine learning machine assuming it supports AMD's new libraries and APIs for ML development. Lot os ML sprinkled everywhere for their Keynote. Although they'll simply fall to the background, the fact that they are continuing this is interesting. I am well aware that other companies do ML too; it's just an area of research for me.
  5. tinyman392

Device:
    iPhone 6
    A lot of people felt this way. There were many incremental things here. I enjoy hearing about the ML front that they are working on and where they are doing it (ML is an area of research for me). The audiophile in me likes using ML to dynamically adjust the speakers based on environment/room (I'm aware that others are doing similar stuff).

The Watch updates were mostly meh, the new watch faces were kind of boring. Mac refreshes were just that, refreshes rather than updates (with the exception of the iMac Pro).